Inside: A treasure for you to tuck away for your kids’ teenage years.
She gave you heartburn while you were pregnant.
He ran you ragged for hours on end when he was three.
She decided that you won’t sleep again for 27.3 months.
You thought, “If only I could bottle their energy”.
They have a knack for placing dirty hands on clean surfaces, those kids of yours. Thise kids of mine. What is it with kids and dirt anyway?
You learned early on that:
- If you wore white, they would find mud, fall down, skin a knee and NEED a hug. NOOOOWWWWWWW!
- If you happened to find the bottom of the laundry hamper, your son would have explosive diarrhea- guaranteed.
- If you mopped the floor, your precious baby girl would slather herself with your expensive face cream and empty the baby powder in the bathroom. After you recover from your heart attack, she will proudly tell you that she was “helping”.
Maybe your babies and toddlers are a handful.
Maybe you are exhausted.
Maybe you had to turn your shirt inside out because “sweetie-pie” puked on you as you were running out the door for a doctor appointment and all of your other shirts have been waiting to be transferred to the dryer for 48 hours.
Did you know there are women who wash, dry, fold and put away a load of clothing within 2-hours? Yeah, I was confused when I first learned about this too. Everyone knows you have to re-wash a load of laundry 4 times before transferring it to the dryer.
- You think you’ll be wiping noses and smelling diapers forever.
- You are confident that “she” stole your diamond ring, but since she can’t talk yet you will never see it again.
- He will be your undoing.
You do your best. You really do.
You are hoping it will buy you a “get out of jail free card” for those adolescent years. You pray that when your little darlin’ breaks into all their teenager-glory, that they will still be gushing with praises, pride, and pleasantries for you, their precious, perfect, mama. You believe that when your little darlin’ will always adore you.
“She will be different, he will defy the odds,” you hope.
I hate to break it to you…