My brilliant husband is in the process of outfitting all five of our sons with hammock for relaxing and backpack camping. What a delight these hammocks have been.
The biggest benefits of hammocking so far have been:
- Fellowship. The Boys LOVE hammocking and will spend hours together “hanging” out.
- Relaxing. Nothing defines chilling out better than a hammock.
- Reading. This one caught me by surprise. The hammock has become the favorite reading spot at home. Big brother has turned it into special cozy and read-aloud time too.
My husband has hooked the boys up with Special gear to make their hammocks easy to hang.
- Hammocks- Hennessey Hammock Expedition Asym
- Straps- To extend the distance between trees
- Carabiner hooks
- Snake Skins– These make set up a synch!
So if you, like me, are always on the lookout for new ways to encourage reading, I would suggest looking into getting a hammock for your kids. What a fun, quiet place to curl up with a great book!