Note: This mini eBook is included in
You are sitting in front of your kid’s homeschool curriculum. Now what?
Whether you bought a prepackaged kit, pulled resources from the library, or received a hand-me-down box of goodies, the feeling are the same for most of us:
- Excitement. The fantasies about how amazing the next homeschool year will be float around in our peach colored mind.
- Nervousness. Can I really teach all these subjects without messing up my child’s education?
- Overwhelm. Wow, where do I start?
- Panic. Forget it, this is way too hard
- Resolve. “I guess I need to figure this out all on my own.”
In the first couple years of homeschooling, I learned a trick that’s helped me get familiar with a new curriculum. Find it’s core and create a plan of attack to teach.
Each step is meant to be done in a session, either over a few hours, or spread out over a few days/weeks depending on difficulty.