What is a Happy Homemaker?
For many, like myself, it means balancing a work from home gig (or working a job), homeschooling a pack of sons, managing our home, and balancing all of the relationships under our roof: hubby, kids, pets, and somewhere, way at the bottom of the list: me.
Being a Happy Homemaker has more to do with the condition of our heart than our circumstances.
Content is a more fitting word than happy.
I am content to be the center of the machine that makes my home run smoothly, the queen of the snuggles in my children’s world, the master meal maker (and coordinator) of our kitchen, the lover of my husband’s soul, mind and spirit, the most enthusiastic cheerleader on our family’s team.
Contentment is being in a state of peace and satisfaction. We need to be satisfied that we are creating a safe, happy, peaceful, healthy home to raise our family- and to train them up to be a necessary part of the team!
Table of contents
- What is a Happy Homemaker?
- Homemaking Pearls of Wisdom
- Freebies for Homemaking Homeschooling Mamas
- Why the Ultimate Bundles: What’s the Deal Anyway
Whatever our life’s circumstances we can embrace a similar homemaker creed.
As a Homemaker, I promise to
- See my home as the heart of my family, where my family can relax and unwind from the outside world. Our home should be a safe haven
- Conserve energy to save hard-earned dollars from leaving the household
- Shop locally to support the economy
- Cook from scratch when possible to keep the fillers and chemicals out of my family’s diet
- Recycle, reuse and repair whenever possible (Teach my children the same)
- Find ways to live frugally to preserve my family’s cash flow
- Be a good role model for my children and grandchildren
- Keep my home clean and clutter free
- Be responsible for living within our means
Personally, I embrace the old-fashioned 1944 version of the homemaker’s creed. as well:).