This post contains my referral link which helps support the work of this site. Here’s my full disclosure policy.
Today I am featuring one of my favorite bloggers!
Erica@ Confessions of a Homeschooler is a true inspiration to me
as a mom and homeschooler.
This past year she released an amazing resource for homeschoolers, that is a must-have for newbies!!
Enjoy this post from Erica.
So you’ve finally decided to homeschool…but have no clue where to get
started? After thousands of emails asking for help getting started
homeschooling, I thought a book that set it all out for you in a
step-by-step format would a great benefit to new and current
Homeschooling 101 is a step by step practical guide
that will help you to get started, and continue on in your
homeschooling journey. It is designed to help guide you through all of
the steps to getting started, choosing and gathering curriculum,
creating effective lesson plans, scheduling your day, organizing your
home, staying the course and more! It even includes helpful
the mere thought of homeschooling can be a very daunting task. Delving
into the unknown can also create an element of self-doubt that fills
your mind right off the bat. That coupled with an overwhelming task of
choosing and gathering curriculum, creating lesson plans, organizing
supplies, and teaching multiple grade levels can be quite disheartening.
don’t worry, in this book it is my intention to offer you a step by
step practical guide that will help you to get started and continue on
in your homeschooling journey. I will help guide you through all of the
steps to getting started, choosing and gathering curriculum, creating
effective lesson plans, scheduling your day, organizing your home,
staying the course, and more!
As you may have heard already, there
is no one right way to homeschool. This book is by no means a rigid set
of rules that must be followed exactly. Instead it is a tool to provide
you with the means to get started in your journey. Take from it what
makes sense for your family, and alter that which needs to be changed to
fit the unique needs of your homeschool.
I thought a quick
glimpse at the table of contents would help give you an idea of all the
valuable goodies included in this book.
- Chapter 1: You’ve Decided to Homeschool… Now What?
- Chapter 2: Choosing Curriculum
- Chapter 3: Gathering Curriculum
- Chapter 4: Creating Effective Lesson Plans
- Chapter 5: Getting Organized
- Chapter 6: Starting School – Day 1
- Chapter 7: Homeschooling Multiple Grades
- Chapter 8: Homeschooling & Discipline
- Chapter 9: Standardized Testing
- Chapter 10: Homeschooling with Toddlers
- Chapter 11: Homeschooling Your Preschooler
- Chapter 12: Homeschooling Kindergarten & Elementary
- Chapter 13: Homeschooling Jr. & High School
- Chapter 14: Homeschooling on a Budget
- Chapter 15: Starting Homeschool Midyear
- Chapter 16: Switching Curriculum Midyear
- Chapter 17: Homeschooling an Only Child
- Chapter 18: Homeschooling & the Working Parent
- Chapter 19: Homeschooling & Special Needs
- Chapter 20: What about Socialization?
- Chapter 21: Time Management & Keeping your Sanity
- Chapter 22: Homeschool Burnout
- Chapter 23: Staying the Course & Naysayers
- Appendix (Helpful Homeschool Forms, including a FREE Lesson Planner!)
- Resources & Links
no mistake, this is not a pamphlet full of fluff, instead it is full of
helpful information, tools, and resources! I also did my best to
include requests from my readers as well, so hopefully I covered most
things related to homeschooling.
While I realize that all
homeschools are different, new homeschooling families still need a
tangible starting point. With over 100 pages of valuable information and
tools, Homeschooling 101 will guide you through your homeschooling
There is also a free printable lesson planner in the Appendix for all of you who would like a little color added to your day!
And of course I added a TON of awesome homeschool planning forms to help you get organized!