(write down your bad days. you’ll laugh later… This was one of my “bad days” last year-enjoy)
Today is definitely one of those days.
I should have quit when:
- The ceiling started dripping.
- I realized the water was coming from the upstairs bathroom.
- When I called the landlord to tell her that the upstairs bathroom was leaking into the downstairs bathroom.
- When my 7th grader decided I was “wasting his time by trying to get him to write down a few math steps”.
- My 7th grader was shaking in frustration, confusion, and rebellion.
- The plumber came and asked me where the main water turn off was for our new home.
- My 6the grader decided that 2 hours was an appropriate time limit for a lesson that was begun with the words, “honey, I am letting you do this easy math lesson today so you can practice three things: neatness, discipline, and timing…”
- I looked at my 6th grader’s paper only to discover he had only neatly written the lesson number after 30 minutes.
- My 4th grader disappeared from the school area… AGAIN.
- My 7th grader announces to me, in front of the plumber, “mom, ______ just bit ______” (no names to protect the guilty)
Ok, I really should have quit when:
- I realized that one of my kids bit another of my kids.
- (Really? I have No I kids under the age of 9!!!)
- The guilty child was just “play biting in order to get his toy back…”
- (I repeat. My kids are older than 9).
- The plumber asks, “So… You homeschool?”
- I reply, “Yes sir. Only today is one of those days that I question homeschooling!”
I really, really, really should have quit when:
- The boys almost hung the dog. Accidentally of course.
So, I quit. Just now.
I sent the boys to bed until tomorrow. (Or until I cool down, which ever comes first)
Do you ever keep going on a day that clearly communicates, “STOP!”
Tell me, I’m not the only one!!