One asthmatic down with a respiratory infection + Just enough energy to have him bouncing off the walls + freezing cold weather= desperate mom looking for an activity to reduce some energy yet not aggravate his lungs.
- hand eye coordination
- tally marks
- good sportsmanship
- self control
- One (or more) hyper, under -the-weather children
- one backyard filled with freezing cold weather
- one metal door
- one (or more) soft magnets
- post-its + sharpie
- Add at least 5 post-its to your metallic surface (I used a door) with varying number values. (I chose 1, 5, and 10)
- Have child stand a predetermined distance away from the door.
- Have Child toss (Not chuck) the magnet while trying to hit a number value.
- Have child use tally marks to keep track of their score.
- First child to a certain predetermined score wins!
- Vary the number values to reinforce whatever math facts the child is working on mastering.
- Do a subtraction game. Have the child start at 50 (or any other number) and subtract any number values they land on. They should have their final turn requiring them to land on a specific number to win!
- Over the shoulder
- Blind fold
Isn’t homeschooling wonderfully fun?